Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mayo-Day Three 2008

Mayo Clinic-Day 3
Posted Apr 8, 2009 6:59pm

I just spent 30 minutes typing a post and then I lost it, so here it goes again. It was a short day today, we started off at the hemotologist where we repeated my medical history for the 100th time. We also learned that my lupis antibody blood test was positive again, which means I DO HAVE antiphosphlipid antibody syndrome (APLAS). I got a bunch of literature and we talked about the fact I have to be on coumadin the rest of my life and that I need to learn to manage my blood as well as I possibbly can. This means investing in a blood testing kit, (kind of like a diabetic testing kit), which is VERY expensive. But, hopefully insurance will cover it, but they rarely do. He was very dissapointed that I did not have on a medic alert braclet, so I guess when I get home I will look for a nice one that I can wear all the time. I figure I might invest in one since I have to wear it all the time.

When we left we went to some shops, I found a really cute one called Tangerine, and I got some really good creative ideas for some art projects. We then ate lunch at cute little pub. It was good and greasy. Then we took a nap.

I then had to be back at the Clinic for a bone density scan. It was quick and painless. It was just to check how well my bones are holding up under all the medications.

We went to some antique shops after that and I got a tablecloth. There were some other things I liked, but I had no way to get them home. Then we came back here to hang out for the night. I am in some pain, so we are taking it easy.

Tomorrow we go to a hospital affliated with Mayo Clinic so I can get an MRI of my abdomen. I am having it done under sedation, which is good with me because they make me so fidgety. We then go back to see my "quarterback" so we can talk about all of my diagnosis. So far we KNOW that I have APLAS and most likely Fibromyalgia. They are still looking into the vasculitis. I think it would be pretty ironic if I have it, because the doctors back home kept saying it was very rare to have more than one thing going on. well, it seems that I might, and knowing how complicated I am I would have the rare option. I will let you all know when I know.

Well, this page isn't as good as the one a wrote before, but it will do. I hope everone is doing well. Trentt and Amy, I know Ryder has the flu, I hope the rest of you don't get it. Keep praying for my Pop please, and I will see everyone soon. I get home Sat. night.

Love,
Kinsley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers